Minutes of the Oak Island Art Guild
Minutes February 14, 2020
1. Kim Kirk called the meeting to order at 9:10AM at the Oak Island Rec. Center.
2. Minutes of the previous meeting were approved as printed on the website
3. Lisa Pritchard, Treasurer, reported that we have a balance of $16,000 and the report is attached. She requested that members pay dues and sign up to provide refreshments for one meeting during the year.
4. Workshop Chair, Bonnie Pendergast, announced that there will be a two-day mixed media workshop presented by Vey Hamilton on April 3- 4, at the Oak Island Rec. Center. The workshop will be limited to 25 participants and members will have first choice. The workshop fee has not yet been determined.
5. A motion was presented and unanimously approved to hold Arts by the Shore at the new convention site, 801 Ocean. The change in venue will not involve additional cost, was supported by the Parks and Rec. staff and will involve minimal additional work in setting up the show. Members were asked to sign up for committees.
6. Penny Prettyman reported that Arts and Crafts Festival applications are ready to be mailed to vendors.
7. On behalf of Brunswick Arts Council, Mary Beth Livers requested use of 4 screen and their black drapes for the “Chefs of Brunswick” event on Saturday, February 29, to be held at the Supply Senior Center, 101 Stone Chimney Rd, Supply. She wrote a letter of request and included the brochure of the event. Her request was approved.
8. Brunswick Arts Council is also sponsoring a 5K run and mural painting
on March 14 in Holden Beach. Oak Island Art Guild members are invited
9. Meeting was adjourned at 9:24 AM.
Minutes submitted by Sally Buchanan